CRITERIA FOR NOMINATION OF CANDIDATES: A candidate must be someone who demonstrated character, citizenship, success and leadership during his/her affiliation with Tyler ISD AND must meet the guidelines in one of the following categories:
1. Excelled in Tyler ISD athletics (minimum two-year letter award, all-district, all-state, most valuable player, state recognition, athletic college scholarship, etc.) and
2. Graduated from Tyler ISD at least five (5) years ago.
1. Coached a sanctioned sport at Tyler ISD for a minimum of five (5) years; and
2. Retired from coaching, left employment, at Tyler ISD at least five (5) years ago.
1. Won state, state recognition or attained record status.
Note: State Champions can be nominated after five (5) years or will be automatically inducted after ten (10) years
1. Contributed extraordinarily to Tyler ISD athletics in a capacity other than as a coach or athlete (e.g. faculty, administrator, media, tournament official, community leader, or supporter); and
2. Involved in Tyler ISD athletics for a sustained period of time.
The Selections committee reserves the right to make exceptions to these guidelines for special circumstances.